A completely new type of dictionary with word collocation that helps students and advanced learners effectively study, write and speak natural-sounding English. This online
dictionary is very helpful for the education of the IELTS, TOEFL test.
Level:Upper-Intermediate to Advanced
Key features:of oxford dictionary online
- Collocations/collocation - common word combinations such as 'bright idea' or 'talk freely' - are the
essential building blocks of natural-sounding English. The dictionary contains over 150,000 collocations for
nearly 9,000 headwords.
- The dictionary shows words commonly used in combination with each headword: nouns, verbs, adjectives,
adverbs, and prepositions, common phrases.
- The collocation dictionary is based on 100 million word British National Corpus.
- Over 50,000 examples show how the collocation/collocations are used in context, with grammar and register
information where helpful.
- The clear page layout groups collocations according to part of speech and meaning, and helps users
pinpoint speedily the headword, sense and collocation they need.
- Excellent communication skills, most notably a demonstrated ability to solicit and address creative and